SEEKING ORIGINAL BIRTH MONOLOGUES
WHO: Any person who has experienced the drama of birth: mamas, partners, surrogates, midwives, doctors, nurses, and anyone else who is willing to share a unique perspective on a birth they’ve witnessed or experienced in the Pacific Northwest.
WHEN: Performance: May 20th, 2016
WHERE: Location: Clinton Street Theater (21st & SE Clinton Street, Portland OR)
SUBMISSIONS: Fill out the form below or you may also submit by email to: email@example.com (subject: Birth Monologues). Your submission gives us permission to use, edit for timing and assign actors for our show.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 1, 2016
To celebrate International Doula Month, Mother Tree Doula Services is asking for your birth story. This will be the second annual performance of The Birth Monologues: Everyone Has a Birth Story, and we are seeking fresh, local perspectives! We are especially interested in representing diverse voices. Anything goes!
- We want to hear about the birth from your perspective, in your unique voice! Was it at home? In water? In a car? A cesarean birth? Twins? Don’t forget to let us know who you are, what brought you to this particular birth, or any other important background pieces necessary to tell the story.
- How did you cope through labor? What worked for you?
- We want to know the moment when you realized, “I just gave birth to a real-life human being!”
- Who was at your birth?
- What were the twists and turns, the unexpected events (positive or negative)?
- What challenge(s) did you face?
- What did you feel as you crossed that threshold? Heroic? Scarred? Transformed? Empowered? Traumatized?
- What was the lasting impression this birth had on you?