Your Home Birth
Choosing to birth in the safety and comfort of your own home is an authentic choice that has been made for thousands of years. Protecting and enhancing your physical, emotional and spiritual experience is much easier in your home setting where you are able to choose the nurturing environment and support that is best for your unique needs. Because women have control over their environment at home, they can tend to the needs of their labor with the support of a doula or midwife and loving family members.
Midwife attended home births consistently show better outcomes for the healthy pregnant mother and significantly reduce infant mortality, based on studies from countries who practice home birth and the midwifery model of care. The United States ranks 22nd in Infant Mortality rates, far below those countries that consistently practice home birth and the midwifery model of care such as the Sweden, the Netherlands, Japan and Finland. Choosing to have a home birth demands commitment, cooperation and trust.
Reasons To Choose Home Birth:
- A sense of power accomplishment and faith in the natural process
- Midwife Attended Homebirths for healthy women consistently show better outcomes for both mother and child.
- Family participation and bonding as well as protection of the birth environment is greater.
- The mother and child are protected from unnecessary interventions, infections and outside influences such as other birthing families and unwanted distractions.
- Fewer cases of fetal distress and lower rate of cesarean section.
Because the more a mother is cared for the more easily she can care for her baby.”
– Shivam Rachana
More information about home birth in Oregon:
Mothertree Birth Services
Hope Medford CPM, LMT
Full Bloom Midwifery
Kelli McIntosh CPM, LDM
Right at Home Midwifery
Ellie Legare, CPM, LDM
Wendy Hale, ND, Midwife
811 E. Burnside, Suite 124 Portland, OR 97214 503.975.7800 www.gentlecarend.com
Women’s Health & Pediatrics
Shannon Braden, ND, Midwife
2121 NE Halsey St
Portland, OR 97232
Birthingway College of Midwifery
12113 SE Foster Rd
Portland, OR 97266
Please Contact Us:
Portland ~ 503-343-9911
Vancouver ~ 360-635-5666